It’s also delicious to add on top of your pasta with some tomato sauce.
If I know I’m going to have a long day ahead of time, I will chop all the vegetables and toss them in a bowl with the spices, oil and my favourite nuts in the morning (or sometimes the night before).
When arriving back at home, I preheat my oven for five minutes while I put the mixture on a large pan and bake it.
I get a hot and healthy dish with minimal effort at the end of the day!
One-Pan Roasted Veggies
- 5 cups chopped vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, beets, mushrooms and many others work well)
- 1 tbsp of your favourite cooking oil (if you’re using coconut oil, use it in its liquid state)
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans and cashews all work really well or try something else!)
- 1/4 tsp each salt and ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried herbs (thyme, basil, oregano, Italian mix, herbes de Provence, etc.)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (or 1 tbsp garlic powder)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, put your raw mixture onto a large baking sheet and spread it out evenly. Place in the preheated oven and every 15 minutes mix it up; this will help everything cook evenly. Depending on your vegetable choices and the size of the chopped pieces (in general, if it grows above the ground, less time, and if it grows under, more time), the cooking time will vary, usually 30 to 45 minutes will get you a well-cooked, but not mushy or burnt, meal.
Leave a reply: